Thread: Create Ghost file for Phaser 6350 Printer

Create Ghost file for Phaser 6350 Printer

I have a Phaser 6350 Printer which is working on windows machine. The problem here is that the printer is giving multiple errors. Like sometime the printer hangs and restarts on its own. I want the driver and manual of this printer. I think the printer is having some problem in it. I want to ask that is there any solution by which I can create a ghost image file for the printer. And whenever it fails I can restore that back again. The same process which we normally do for windows.

Re: Create Ghost file for Phaser 6350 Printer

I don't think so that there is a way to create a ghost image file for the printer. The settings of printer does not disappear at once. It only happens if the printer is not configured properly. I will suggest you to un-install the printer and its related utilities. Then just re-install everything and check out that there is not error. After that test the printer. If it working fine then create a system restore point. Go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore. Give a proper name like Phaser 6350 so that you can remember. Then create a restore point by selecting the current date. If in future the problem arises then just restore your system the Phaser 6350 point date. You can download the driver from Phaser official site as per your model and operating system version.

The problem of restarting printer normally comes out at the time of printing a page. Here is some simple steps that can help you to resolve the issues. First do this, run a engine test print by isolation the hardware problem to the engine control or image processor. Then just observe the board by giving the test print. If the print fails then press test print button. It will give out a page. If not then you will have re-install the printer.

Phaser 6350 is a 800Mhz printer which supports maximum 2400 dpi resolution. The first page print time is less than 10 seconds and others take around 12 seconds. The drivers of the printer and user manual is available on the site of printer. You will have log on to office.xerox.com and look out for your model numbers drivers and supports. It can be a conflict between the driver and operating system. Getting a proper driver update will fix this issue. And other thing Ghost image file is created for entire system. If you want you can create a image file and then you will need to restore the entire operating system. There are possibilities of losing your current newly installed software's.