Thread: Epson Printer cartridge ink resetter

Epson Printer cartridge ink resetter

My old printer is now going to die soon. So here I want to buy a new printer with great imaging solutions. I have a Epson printer in my office which is quiet an great printer. I has good design and performance. I had studied on net that Epson is providing smart chips in this printers. This chips are used to define the ink level. One day in the office printer I inserted a refilled cartridge which was still shows a low ink message. But the print was coming out. I want to know that do we have a chip re setter thing which can restore the original settings of chip in the cartridge and it can work fine. The idea is great here. But what about the problem. We had to replace the cartridge for the issue.

Re: Epson Printer cartridge ink resetter

You can configure that by the printer software. The ink level and the calibration of cartridges are done by the printer software only. The chips inside them does not required a reset settings. They are very small chips inside the cartridge which denotes the ink level and informed when the cartridge is going to empty. And then the user re-fill the cartridge and use it. You will need to note down that as the cartridge is refilled it quality goes on degrading. At a certain period you need to replace the cartridge.

The small chip in the cartridge is provided by the printer manufacturer which is used to inform user about the ink level. This chip is present in the higher models of printer like laser printer. Here the chip is programmed and it just calculate the ink usage and level. Then after a period of time the chips expires and gets disable by its own self. It also ensure the quality and ink usage. The problem with the chip is that it makes the refilling process very difficult. Once you refill the cartridge the chip will denote you that the cartridge is still empty. It also warns the user if any third party cartridge is installed in the printer which can damage it. The smart chip has not gained so importance because the technology is still not so user friendly.

There are some tools in the market which are called as ink level re setters. This hardware's are designed to restore the factory settings of chip inside a cartridge. It has a slot on which you need to put the cartridge then the chip is flashed and restore to the original settings. It cost around $25 to $35. This product are not termed as a successful thing but still you can get one online and try it out.

ethrestroh Guest

I think default settings come with respective printer ink cartridges manual, or you can check the official site of your cartridges.

printerface Guest

every printer comes with manual, but if you lost your manual you can easily search the net to know how to trouble shoot it, there should be ways on how to reset the ink tracker of your cartridge or the printer itself..

christopherclark Guest

Reset your printer and cartridges.Uninstall drivers and again install it.It will work for you.