Thread: WD My Book Mirror Edition external 2TB

WD My Book Mirror Edition external 2TB

I am planning to buy a external storage device since last few days and finally i decided to go with Western Digital's My Book Mirror Edition External 2TB HDD. But some of my colleagues said that it has bulky power adapter and supports only Western Digital hard drives. So i am again confused. Could you guys please give some information about My Book Mirror Edition 2TB with some suggestions ? Help appreciated.

Re: WD My Book Mirror Edition external 2TB

Well, thats true that My Book Mirror Edition has bulky power adapter and supports only Western Digital hard drives, but apart from all this it is easy to use, it supports supports RAID 0 and 1 and also has user-replaceable hard drives. Even better, if one drive fails you can easily pop the lid on the drive and remove it.WD's My Book Mirror Edition dual-drive storage system automatically mirrors your valuable data for extra protection. The USB 2.0 interface and a powerful combination of features make this system the storage solution of choice for photographers, home users, small offices, and anyone looking for extra assurance that their data is safe.Prices range from just under 100 Dollars for the My Book Essential 160 GB to just under 600 Dollars for the Studio Edition 2 TB and features eSATA, USB 2.0 and FireWire connections.

My Book Mirror Edition has an LED on the front that changes color with the drive's status: powered on, in use, idle, and error.USB 2.0 interface and a powerful combination of features make this system the storage solution of choice for photographers, home users, small offices, and anyone looking for extra assurance that their data is safe.

Using RAID mirroring technology, this system automatically and continuously duplicates your data for the ultimate in data protection. If you simply do not care about a backup drive that uses RAID 1 (mirroring) technology and would prefer a faster transfer rate, we recommend the Western Digital Studio Edition II drive which features high-speed FireWire 800 and eSATA interfaces; sans RAID 1 capabilities.

If one drive in this two-drive system ever fails, the system continues to run and your data is safe.It also has Automatic backup software.Back up your computer - just set it and forget it. Every time you save a change it's backed up and then mirrored on the second drive for the ultimate in data protection.

As you said there is no FireWire or eSATA connections, which is disappointing but understandable as the drive is preconfigured with RAID 1 which is optimized not for speed but data protection. drive market is its ability to store data in RAID 1. The Mirror Edition in RAID 1 stores your data on two drives in full, giving you two copies of everything.

It is Designed to use only WD drives with GreenPower technology, this system, with its efficient convection cooling architecture, fan-less design, and power saving mode, is reliably cool, remarkably quiet and consumes up to 33% less power than standard systems.Since hard drives can unexpectedly fail, rendering them and the data stored useless, it is important to keep a back up of the data you never want to lose.You must know that My Book Mirror Edition external 2TB is Ideal for:-

• Gain peace of mind with this true data guardian
    • Organize and archive vast photo, music, and artwork libraries
    • Edit and exchange massive audio and video projects