Thread: Unlock hp limited bios

Unlock hp limited bios

I recently bought HP Pavilion dv2 Laptop, it has 2048 MB RAM, Power supply type > 65 W AC Power Adapter. I want to know how to unlock hp limited bios. Any software or setting in bios to unlock bios, i forgot my password.

Re: Unlock hp limited bios

You got to disassemble the laptop, go to the motherboard and take out the CMOS battery to reset the system. That's the only way to take out the password ... and that also resets your system back to manufacturer's default settings. For boards not having a CMOS or password reset jumper (likely only in really old 286 and 386 computers), you can remove the battery by popping it out with your fingernail, wait a few seconds then replace the battery.

Forget your Windows Admin/User password? Want to find out your computer's BIOS/CMOS password? Or email, MSN, IE and Google Talk password? Or MS product key? Password Genius 2009 is the right tool to unlock hp limited bios!Password Genius package includes three modules: Windows Admin/User Password, BIOS/CMOS Password and Password&Key Finder.Windows Admin/User Password Recovery can easily clear or reset Windows 2003/XP/2000/NT administrator/user password.BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery helps you instantly find or clear your computer's BIOS/CMOS Password.

Download Password Genius 2009

Some BIOS's allow you to require a password be entered before the system will boot. Have you tried pulling the battery on the motherboard, it will reset bios password to default. I think this might do it. Some BIOS's allow you to require a password to be entered before the BIOS setup may be accessed.