Thread: How to TurnOn 20-pin PSU without motherboard

How to TurnOn 20-pin PSU without motherboard

hello everyone,

I need to turn On my 20-pin Power Supply Unit (PSU) without the turning On the motherboard. Is it possible to check and turn On my PSU witghout motherboard ? PLease suggest me how can i do this.....any ideas

help..!!

Re: How to TurnOn 20-pin PSU without motherboard

Follow this --

• Turnoff your PC. Remove all cables running from PC, except the power cable.
    • Open the case.
    • Locate the power supply inside the case. Follow the thickest mesh of cords running from the power supply to the motherboard; it will be plugged into a wide port on the motherboard.
    • Take a firm hold on the power port with the thumb and forefinger of one hand, and use the other hand to remove the cable from the port.
    • Plug the power supply's cable into the power supply tester. ATX power supplies come in two types: 24-pin and 20-pin. In either case, match the squared bottoms of the cable's micro ports to those of the tester's, aligning the ports to the left of the tester.
    • Switch the power supply ON. The tester's LEDs will indicate whether your power supply is working or has failed.

Re: How to TurnOn 20-pin PSU without motherboard

I had an extra PSU that I wanted to utilize it. So I was also wondering whether there is anyway to Power it up without connecting it to a motherboard. What I did was put a toggle switch on the Power-ON leads on the atx header, and then maybe I put a dummy load on the +5V.