Thread: Problem with NIC

Problem with NIC

Hii all..
    I am having problems with my LAN card/NIC. Here is a little history of what happened.

I had a power fault here, and my internet LAN cable, by which I get access to the internet got bad. The guys from the ISP replaced the cable. They made some bad connections, and that cable got bad too, and also my onboard NIC went bad.

I put in a new external NIC from my old PC. The NIC was fairly new, as it had not been used much before. The installation was successful, and the NIC worked fine.

When I restarted the PC, the NIC does not work, and I am unable to connect to the internet. I uninstalled the NIC, and installed it again, and then it worked fine. But, I have to do this everytime I restart my PC.
    Sometimes, it works if I disable it, and enable it again. Sometimes, the PC restarts when I do that .

I have found that, NIC also works... when I go to Properties ---> Configure ---> Advanced ---> Link Speed & Duplex Mode.
    There I change the Link Speed & Duplex Mode, and then I ok it. It starts to work then. But, sometimes, when I press OK, PC restarts .

Is this NIC bad? Should I buy another one?
    I have also changed the PCI slots, but no effect.

How can I check if the NIC is ok?
    Also, when I had put the NIC in first PCI slot, I had given the same static IP, as I have given to the NIC when I have put it in another PCI slot. It gives me a message, that I have already given the IP address to another connection. How can I disable the IP address of the other connection. It does not show up in the ipconfig /all command output.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Re: Problem with NIC

YOu can contact the network adimistrator & provided u can chk the ip address from ip details.com

Re: Problem with NIC

I don't have problem with the IP address, I have problem with the NIC. Why would I contact the network administrator for? I am a home user anyway.