Thread: blackberry curve keyboard not responding

blackberry curve keyboard not responding

I currently have a Blackberry 8310. I have had no problems with the phone until today. When I try to type, several keys don't type what they are supposed, they all enter "y" or "yi". Also, the answer call, Also, the answer call (green phone) key sometimes doesn't work, so I can't accept incoming calls. Anyone know what to do?? Too much info on it to scrap it!

Re: blackberry curve keyboard not responding

Did you drop your BlackBerry or spill any liquid on it? If not, you may have a failing device. Do a battery pull and see if that works. if it wont work then Contact your service provider for a replacement if applicable.

I have the same problem, my keyboard lights up if i press the keyboard also my phone was exposed to some water, but not much, the sticker behind the battery is not red either. it may have been a few drops on top of the keyboard. this all happened over night when a glass of water spill, but not directly on the phone.

you need to look for a little sticker behind the battery on the phone, if it is red then the warranty is void. if it is still white then call customer care center. There is a video on youtube showing you how to disassemble your BB. But this is at YOUR own risk. You can find replacement keyboards on ebay but I wouldn't think the problem is the actually KEY, but instead the contact underneath.