Thread: Ghost Image on Hp Laser Printer

Ghost Image on Hp Laser Printer

I have a HP Laser printer For which I never any problems so far. Yesterday,due to some problem I have restored my system from Xp disk and installed all the drivers.and when i check the test page from the printer it was spotless, perfectly clean. but Later, when I wanted to print forms. the page result in ghost images Is there a way to stop this ghosting of images on printing ? My computer uses Windows XP Professional, Thank you in advance.

Re: Ghost Image on Hp Laser Printer

It is either the toner or the Drum. This is often the toner in some cases , ghosting is nearly always a toner cartridge failure in HP monochrome lasers, specifically it is a combination of the drum and the wiper blade in the cartridge You can try a half test. Run a test page from tray 1 and when the page is most of the way into the printer open the toner door. pull the toner out and look at the print on the page. If defect is there then the toner, transfer roller, maybe bad. Most likely the toner. Are you using OEM or a third party toner? If the defect is not there then the only other thing would be the fuser assembly.

Make sure your paper conforms to the specifications of your product. Paper with a rough surface, paper Which has absorbs moisture or thick paper can cause this problem. To see what type of paper you can use, Check the manual of printer , also Make sure you have selected a proper print media in the appropriate printer driver. Try using a new drum.

Calibrate the print head, insert cylinder paper or at least A4 paper (horizontally into the tray). Press the Down arrowhead on the printer panel to find the Ink menu, and then press Enter . Press the Down arrowhead to find Calibrate Print Head , and then press Enter . Find Standard (4.5 min) , and then press Enter . Once the print head calibration is complete, print a file to test.