Thread: No VGA detected Please help

blush No VGA detected Please help

Guys,
    Most weird problem!After updating my Graphics crad with the latest drivers,my machine gives One Long,Three Short Beeps while booting,which according to my Mobo manual indicates No VGA Detected,and then freezes completely.
    Now,the strange part is that when I press the Power Button for some time,the machine recovers from its freezed state and boots normally.

Also,this does NOT occur everytime I switch on my PC.It is random and erratic

Is it a problem with the corrupt driver or my PCI-E slot or my card itself??

To note:When my PC boots finally in an OS(Vista.XP),I can do everything including playng games for long hours without any crashes or freeze ups.
    My mobo has got two other PCI-E slots of the same config as the one the graphics card is currently fitted into.

I'm at my wits end.Please help.
    C2D E7300 | ASUS P5Q-E | Palit Radeon HD4870 1GB DDR5 | Corsair 800Mhz 2X2GB 5-5-5-18 | Seagate 500GB 7200.11 |Corsair TX 650W| Corsair CM 690 |Dell 19"|Creative t6100

Re: No VGA detcted!Please help!

Generally the Cause for 3 beeps would be the Computer RAM (memory) related issue. Have you touched anything else without being fully grounded? It is always been recommended that always use something for grounding, If so it could have zapped the memory, controller or motherboard. Remove all new memory you've added to the computer. If the computer works fine after removing the new memory you're encountering either an incompatibility or defective new memory.

My memory is OK.Tested with memtest86+.And the error code indiactes a No VGA problem.

Are you sure that the card is in place properly? Can you try VGA in another machine so we can rule out the VGA is not a problem?

Can anyone tell me urgently is there any difference in

speeds/transfer rates or anything whatsoever between the two PCI-E

X16 slots((one blue and one black) in ASUS P5Q-E mobo?Or are they

exactly identical.?

This is because I need to shift my Gfx card from blue to the black

slot and I'm worried about a performance downgrade.

Re: No VGA detected Please help

First try to update your BIOS. The new driver may have changed something with the Graphics card firmware which is not compatible with the motherboard. Try to upgrade your BIOS and then also upgrade the graphic cards firmware, may it could solve your problem...

Re: No VGA detected Please help

Your Board:
    ASUS P5Q-E LGA775 ATX Motherboard, Intel P45 Chipset, Supports Intel Core 2 Extreme / Quad / Duo CPUs, Dual DDR2 1200, SATA 3Gb/s RAID, CrossFireX Ready, PCI-E 2.0, w/ 1394a, Dual Gigabit LAN & 8ch HD Audio

Expansion Slots:
    - 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots, support ATI CrossFireX technology, at x8 link (PCIe x16_1 blue, PCIe x16_2 black*)
    - 1 x PCI Express x16 slot at max. x4 link(black)
    - 2 x PCI Express x1 slots
    - 2 x PCI slots

PCI Express x16_2 slot (black at max. x8 link)

Asus P5Q-E supports CrossfireX, with two x 8 slots, and one x 4 slot (the primary PCI-E slot is x 16 when a single video card is used)