Thread: USB devices over IDE and SCSI

USB devices over IDE and SCSI

Well, i'll try to make you understand what mean to say. Actually i need to go with any one of these two, IDE and SCSI. but i am confused that using USB devices will be better with IDE or SCSI. Do any of you have any suggestion, which will be better between IDE and SCSI ?

Re: USB devices over IDE and SCSI

First of all i would like to say that IDE is cheaper than SCSI while SCSI is faster than IDE. If you look at harddrives, the only difference between IDE and SCSI is the interface card that is connected to the moving parts. It is usually built into the motherboard of the PC. On the other side SCSI's main benefit is its ability to allow multiple accesses to the hard disk multiple users or applications, all accessing the hard disk at the same time. And if we talk about USB devices, SCSi lets you connect up to 7 things to the SCSI cable where IDE restricts you to using stuff that's inside your PC.

The USb or any other devices list that connects to SCSI is huge where IDE devices also slow down other devices.Only as SCSI, other devices on the same control device must shut up while one device "talks" to the controller. So if the device can speak faster, the other devices used to control the intervention. The rate in which a monitoring device to speak is called "burst transfer rate". Since not every device all the time goes, the delay only if at least two devices to simultaneously talk and not enough available bandwidth to both adapt.A SCSI can use hard disks & CD drives, printers, scanners,etc..

Now thats much clear for me. I would like to go with SCSi now definitely, if SCSI can handle lots of devices where IDE is slowing down other devices. Anyways, thank you very much for the quick reply.