Thread: Western digital velociraptor hdd

Western digital velociraptor hdd

hi
    i am going to buy secondhand western digital velociraptor hdd for $200 which is used 9 months can any one tell me is that good deal or should i buy this i have no knowledge about the computer where my friend is interested to sell it. is this product is good ?please help me thank you

Re: Western digital velociraptor hdd

This is good product Designed for maximum speed!

• The WD Velociraptor is the newest member of our class unique hard drives SATA 10 000 rpm, which combines a SATA interface 3 Gb / s and a 16 MB cache to provide performance up to 35% faster that his former brother quickly.
    • Amazing speed
      In the great tradition of performance WD Raptor ®, these discs 10 000 rpm, an interface with SATA 3 Gb / s and a 16 MB cache, emit any breaking performance. Not only are they 35% faster than the WD Raptor drives of the previous generation, but also beat all other competitors in the field.
    • Reliability
      Designed and manufactured to the standards of enterprise class mission critical to ensure reliability in enterprise environments using high cycles. With an average of 1.4 million hours between failures, these drives have the highest reliability available on a SATA disk storage capacity.
    • Very cold
      WD Velociraptor consumes 35% less energy than the previous generation of WD Raptor.
    • Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF)
      Optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in the chassis to multiple disks to generate vibrations.
    • Technology for loading onto rail NoTouch
      The recording head never touch the disk media, resulting in a lower risk of wear of the head and media as well as better drive protection in case of displacement.

the maximum capacity of 300 GB and a price of around € 250, one can assume that the DSS will no doubt be able to threaten Western Digital and the advance that the manufacturer has taken, but this will only happen on discs of 64 and 128 GB for now, and prices relatively high.Although offering leading performance but the cost you mention is bad. The temperature and noise level is much lower than all other 7200 rpm drives.

At test start Windows XP booting the Velociraptor performing well and easily surpasses all of its competitors in SATA also new Raptor performs 40% faster than the old model so if you are putting 200$ then take new one with 230$-250$ which is best option