Thread: Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI 800i Card Media Center ATSC Problem

Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI 800i Card Media Center ATSC Problem

Hi,

I have both Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows 7 Beta installed on my computer.I have noticed that Windows Media Center will only work on one channel,whether i allow the OS to install the drivers, or use the drivers from the website.the remaining will not show any signal.but if i run the Pinnacle TV Studio software,for my Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI 800i Tuner Card all the channels work, and whatever channel is active last there is the one that will work in media center. why media center seems to be not able to change the channel.this situation really pulling out my hair.

expecting brilliant help from your side

Re: Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI 800i Card Media Center ATSC Problem

I am not able to get it to work in media center at all..i have this card and am having the same issue.. i've been looking around trying to find some information and have not come up with much other than to try and steer clear of pinnacle cards! but it is recognizing the signal it is just not playing it back.. i have also a problem with a blue screen that says digital audio service

I think the performance of Pinnacle with 64-bit Vista is pathetic.my every trial failed to work with them and Microsoft to allow use of the card through Windows Media Center. but now am getting some information about the situation Pinnacle has yet to release the proper encoder to allow the hardware to work with 64-bit Media Center,they have to update it in order to resolve the issue with media center

I have done this repeatedly and still does not get the missing channel.I think if Sage can access the Clear QAM portion of the tuner like TV Center PRO, then all should be cool option.Honestly that card was such a PITA. I had to download a third party software MPEG encoder to get the lipsync issues worked out in XP MCE,and the software crashed and burned whenever I tried to run it. You're better of getting an Hauppauge HVR-1xxx.