Thread: How to control power supply fan speed ?

How to control power supply fan speed ?

Hello,

I recently purchased a tt 480 power supply. When I start my pc, the fan starts initially at maximum speed, but is then directly slowed down since the temperature inside the PS is low, so no high speed is needed.Is there any way to make it so that the motherboard is able to control the speed of the fan, however part of or all of the current to power the fan is drawn directly through the psu? what is the cause of being high speed ? How do I control power supply fan speed ?

Re: How to control power supply fan speed ?

The PSU's fan speed is controlled by a controller within the PSU. You can controls the speed of the two fans inside the PSU. You can adjust it as per your liking. The fans only get to a reasonable speed when the processors hit about 63 C.

If your motherboard has fan control you could plug it in there. You can usually set the cpu fan in bios. If you connect the other fans up to the motherboard connectors, you may or may not be able to control the speed. Or a little adjustment with knob. It provides a constant-voltage source, they help guard against the fan stalling.

The PSU will automatically increase the fan speed to reduce the PSU temperatures to acceptable levels. The better thing is to get a fan controller, quite a few of them also include temperature sensors so that you can set up profiles to adjust the fan speed based on the inputs from the sensors. And you need to have a lot of air running through it, that must be causing overheat problem.