Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell Foxcon G33M02 Motherboard upgrade

Hardware Peripherals

Old 09-07-2009

Dell Foxcon G33M02 Motherboard upgrade

Hi,
I had purchased a Dell desktop pc a year ago. Now I want to upgrade the system. I want to add up a new processor, additional memory stick and a graphic card. I opened up the case the name of motherboard is Foxconn. The processor is Intel Pentium 4 with 512 RAM. Recently I added up a 1GB DDR3 RAM. I computer does not boot up. When I remove it then it worked fine. So I want some technical information the type of motherboard. Also I need some tips to upgrade the Foxconn Motherboard.

Old 09-07-2009

Re: Dell Foxcon G33M02 Motherboard upgrade

Foxconn motherboard are 24 pin power connector boards along with a IDE slot. It supports DDR2 RAM. DDR3 are not compatible with the motherboard. So if you want to add up a extra memory stick then purchase a DDR2 RAM. Then below link gives you an complete manual of the mother board. To get an entire information on it click on the line below. The link will provide you official site of Foxconn GM type motherboard.
Old 09-07-2009

Only DDR2 and lower version of RAM will support your mother board. The great thing about the board is that it supports up to Intel Core 2 Quad processors. That means you can add up a Core 2 Duo or Dual core and even above that. It has support intel next generation 45nm Multi core processor socket. But DDR3 will not work. So you need to upgrade DDR2 Ram up to 8GB.
Old 09-07-2009

You are having a right motherboard. Otherwise it needs necessary to upgrade the entire system. You board supports all PCIe graphic cards like Nvidia GeForce series. Then you add up a new Core2Duo processor or if you want more performance then you can try Intel Core 2 Quad. RAM upgrade up to 8GB DDR2.The other specification of this board is that it has 7.1 Channel HD audio, gigabyte lan interface upto 1000mb/s, usb 2.0, etc.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , ,