Thread: laser printer diagnose print quality problems

laser printer diagnose print quality problems

I have Hp laser printer, when i bought it the vendor says i am able to print 1000 to 1500 print in one cartridge but when i started printing but it gives me print quality error, problem Engine test page and demo pages comes out without any troubles.When start to print document with more than 3 pages or one document in more than 3 copies the trouble appears without print quality-the colors are mixed wrong and image repeats in both directions.

Re: laser printer diagnose print quality problems

It Sounds like a drum or fuser issue.Was the drum replaced lately? Check that everything is plugged in properly. Check for a paper jam. Newer printers will tell you the location of the jam, Be sure that your computer is networked to the printer if you are on a shared network. Open your control panel and click on "Printers." This will display all printers that your computer can access.

I think i should give more information about the printing quality, If I try colored image I receive something similar-good quality image at center and repeated on left and right with very low resolution.Sometimes black is printed instead of cyan,and yellow instead of black,sometimes background mixed with magenta and yellow appears.

I think you need to update software. If you didn't reinstall the software then do it, this is just to check whether the problem is with your software or with the drum. There may also be hardware "smearing issues" or otherwise you need to talk to your vendor regarding it and if it is under warranty then replace it.