Thread: My Passport Essential vs Elite

My Passport Essential vs Elite

Hi.. I planning to buy a USB Hard Drives having capacity of atleast 500GB. I cam across some of the drive but i decided to either My Passport Essential or My Passport Elite.But i am still confused in these to drives as i dont know much for them. Could you guys suggest me which can the best for me among this ?

Re: My Passport Essential vs Elite

What i can say is both drives are almost similar.My Passport portable USB drives which are designed to carry half a terabyte of music, videos or photos in the palm of your hand. A luxurious soft-touch finish makes these drives easy to grip, comfortable to hold, and beautiful to show off to your friends.The capacity gauge located next to the USB port has four LEDs to show much space is left on the drive. Anyways, i am defining both the drives with their features here:-

My Passport Essential Features

• Sleek and colorful
      • This beautiful portable drive, available in many eye-catching colors, is light and easy to carry and fits smoothly in your hand or pocket.

• USB powered
      • Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed.

• Synchronized and secure
      • Plug My Passport into any PC, edit files, read e-mail, and view photos. Then sync all of your changes back to your home or office computer. Your data is protected with 128-bit encryption. (Windows only)

• Compatible
      • Use with Windows and Macintosh computers.An optional cable is available for the few computers that limit power from the USB port.

• Ideal For
      • Storing or backing up your digital music, videos and photos.
      • Carrying important files and e-mail between work and home or on the road and keeping them in sync.
      • Sharing large files between office and home, between PC and Mac.
      • Pick from multiple colors to express your unique style.

Re: My Passport Essential vs Elite

My Passport Elite Features:

• Soft-touch finish
      • A luxurious, soft-touch, finish makes these drives easy to grip, comfortable to hold, and beautiful to show off to your friends.

• Capacity Gauge
      • Connect My Passport to your computer and see at a glance how much space is available on your drive.

• Automatic backup
      • The same powerful backup software that we include in our desktop external hard drives is now available in this elegant little portable drive. Save a copy of your photos to an online sharing service, duplicate your e-mail and contacts to your iPod, and back up all the precious files on your computer to your My Passport. Set it and forget it; every time you plug your My Passport into your computer your data is automatically backed up.

• Synchronized and secure
      • WD Sync synchronization and encryption software lets you take your critical data with you. Plug My Passport into any PC, edit files, read e-mail, and view photos. Then sync all of your changes back to your home or office computer. Your data is protected with 128-bit encryption. (Windows only)

• USB Powered
      • Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed.

• Remote access
      • Connect My Passport to any PC and run MioNet Key software to remotely access files, music, and photos from any of your computers with MioNet software installed. Free for the life of the drive (Windows only)

• Easy
      • Installation is a snap because you don't really "install" this drive; you just plug it in and it's ready to use. There is no CD to install the included software loads from the drive the first time you plug it in.

• Smart