| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: My Passport Essential vs Elite
My Passport Elite Features:
- Soft-touch finish
- A luxurious, soft-touch, finish makes these drives easy to grip, comfortable to hold, and beautiful to show off to your friends.
- Capacity Gauge
- Connect My Passport to your computer and see at a glance how much space is available on your drive.
- Automatic backup
- The same powerful backup software that we include in our desktop external hard drives is now available in this elegant little portable drive. Save a copy of your photos to an online sharing service, duplicate your e-mail and contacts to your iPod, and back up all the precious files on your computer to your My Passport. Set it and forget it; every time you plug your My Passport into your computer your data is automatically backed up.
- Synchronized and secure
- WD Sync synchronization and encryption software lets you take your critical data with you. Plug My Passport into any PC, edit files, read e-mail, and view photos. Then sync all of your changes back to your home or office computer. Your data is protected with 128-bit encryption. (Windows only)
- USB Powered
- Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed.
- Remote access
- Connect My Passport to any PC and run MioNet Key software to remotely access files, music, and photos from any of your computers with MioNet software installed. Free for the life of the drive (Windows only)
- Installation is a snap because you don't really "install" this drive; you just plug it in and it's ready to use. There is no CD to install the included software loads from the drive the first time you plug it in.
- Powered by the USB bus. No separate power supply is needed.
- Big capacity that fits in your pocket
- This compact drive fits easily in your pocket or purse, weighs only a few ounces, and with capacities up to 500 GB, you can take tons of photos, videos, files, and music with you wherever you go.
- Works with game consoles
- Plug My Passport into the USB port on your gaming console to play your music or view photo and video files on your TV.
- Use with Windows and Mac computers.An optional cable is available for the few systems that limit power from the USB port.
- Ideal For
- Carrying important files and e-mail between work and home or on the road and keeping them in sync.
- Sharing large files between office and home, between PC and Mac.