Thread: Lg Blu Ray Burner crashes on 64 bit system

Lg Blu Ray Burner crashes on 64 bit system

Hello,

I am trying to update the system drivers incluing the chipset drivers. Possibly trying a new PSU but update on trying to play BR DVD, whenever I put a BR disc into the LG drive Cyberlink PowerDVD opens but immediately crashes. It gives me the message of, "Cyberlink PowerDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close......" Removing LG Blu-ray Burner everything worked fine with the regular burner. MY operating system is windows xp 64 bit Dual QUAD core. Why Lg Blu Ray Burner crashes on 64 bit system? What could be the problem? Info is appreciated. Thanks !!

Re: Lg Blu Ray Burner crashes on 64 bit system

I had the same problem with Lg Blu Ray Burner, 64bit system seems to be less stable, double clicking on the Lg Blu Ray Burner in the timeline shows the double wave in the source monitor and no problems occurs. Otherwise, Reinstalled Lg Blu Ray Burner and update the latest drivers.

This could be related to virtual memory settings? Update or verify you have the latest BIOS version. Verify your BIOS is set to provide the right voltage to the memory. Verify your BIOS is set to provide the right clock speeds to components. Try and add scene and menu markers, and applying a DVD menu to the film.

There is an option in the preferences that reads "Skip drive database...". You might see if changing that option helps any. Use Nero 9 for burning purpose. Test your LG drive in another PC if possible. Or go into the Bios and manually set your voltages.