Thread: Audigy 2 digital out to KLH receiver

Audigy 2 digital out to KLH receiver

Recently i had upgraded from an SB Live to an Audigy 2 in order to get the digital output function correctly. I'm trying to get the digital out connection on my sound blaster audigy 2 to work with my KLH receiver, for some reason though my receiver doesn't seem to be picking up the digital signal from my sound card, i tried both my audigy 2 and my nforce 2 digital audio outputs , the cables i'm using for this is a radio shack digital gold series Universal Optical Cable. However i have managed to get full Dolby Digital 5.1 sound through the same cable arrangement when using PowerDVD and a suitable DVD. So can any body tell me that why doesn't my audigy zs digital out work with my KLH receiver? Am i missing something or am i hoping too much from my Audigy card? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Audigy 2 digital out to KLH receiver

According to me, i think it is actually a coaxial output, so you need a coaxial of 1/8 inch adapter to function it properly. Audigy has 3 analog outputs that are:

• Front L/R
    • Center/LFE
    • Rear L/R

Make sure AC3 decoding is off in surround mixer. The card itself is not a Dolby 5.1 digital encoder, so it won't output a 5.1 digital signal unless the software generates it. This is why it works with powerDVD and a 5.1 DVD. To get 5.1 from games not programmed to generate it, you would need a solution like the nvidia chips that are built into some motherboards.

The Digital Output is always active except when playing DRM encoded content, at which point it is disabled. For that i think you need to use 3.5 mm to dual RCA adapter from Radio Shack. Digital Audio will be present on one of the RCA output. This is a requirement of DRM support otherwise the Audigy 2 would simply not be able to play DRM encoded content, e.g. DVD-Audio, as would be the case for other non-supporting soundcards.