Thread: Windows do not recognize memory stick

Windows do not recognize memory stick

I have a 1GB micro sd card. Windows sometime does not recognize the card. I had installed the driver of the card reader but still the card is not recognized as a an removable media. Even by re-installing the system does not identify the tool. But the card works properly in the mobile phone.

Re: Windows do not recognize memory stick

First get the latest driver of you card reader form the net. Check out for the model number. Normally windows take it as a removable media so the drivers are associated with the usb drivers. The problem must not occur. This can be probably due to incompatible drivers. Search for the latest drivers and see weather the system detects it.

Update the driver via device manager. Connect your card reader. Then right click on my computer and click on properties. Then go to hardware tab and click on device manager. Look out for your tool in the list. If you see any yellow exclamation mark under it then right click on it and click on update drivers. Lets windows detect your drivers for your tool. If prompted for cd then provide it.

Try to replace the card reader. May you card reader is damaged or incompatible with your system. Because as soon as you connect it windows detect a plug and play device. Then in my computer you see the drive. If the drives are present but it not reading the memory card then the problem can be in the slot of card reader. The slot has malfunctioned. Try to transfer file in the memory stick via phone. Install the phone's pc suit and use that.