Thread: Upgrade Compaq Presario Desktop PC

Upgrade Compaq Presario Desktop PC

I have a old Compaq Desktop PC. The model number of the system is Compaq Presario 7470. My system is not booting up. Shown to an technical person suggested to upgrade the motherboard. Now here I am not aware that this machine needs which type of mother board. I want to upgrade this machine. Need some suggestion which can help me to make this machine work back again. Thanks a lot for your concern.

Re: Upgrade Compaq Presario Desktop PC

The computer does not boot up doesn't mean that your mother board is dead. There can be problem in power supply and video card also. Switch your system on and then if you hear a bip sound then it means that your system is booting up. But there is no display. Just check out with a video card. You can use any traditional video card or the connector and check out. The most important thing needed in up gradation is that you must have an entire information about your system hardware and then you can compare it with another.

If you want to change the mother board then open your tower and look into the brand of board you are using. Compaq Presario 7470 is now a outdated model. You will have to checkout weather you can get the same parts. Better contact to any nearby compaq center for the additional hardware. Other solution is that Compaq Desktop have ATX cabinets. You can get any second hand intel or gigabyte motherboard compatible to your old hardware.

I am listing you the product specification of your Compaq presario computer. This specification will help you to search better hardware option for your desktop machine. The mother board used in this type of system is Asus A7V8X-LA . If you enable to find this brand or similar to this then you can add up it in your system. You can use your old hard drive. It uses SD RAM. See on Asus site for the similar mother board.