Thread: Does Audigy sound card supports 2 stereo output

Does Audigy sound card supports 2 stereo output

I have seen Audigy 2 sound card in a shop. I am quite attracted by the sound quality of this sound card. I am planing to get one for my system. But before that I want to know the minimum system requirement for this card and does this card supports 2 stereo output. If yes then from where I can purchase the dual output jack. I have two sets of speaker and I want to use both of them in the same sound card. Thanks.

Re: Does Audigy 2 sound card supports 2 stereo output

The Audigy 2 is an awesome sound card with excellent sound quality. It delivers audio quality up to 24 bit i.e 96Khz and 100db snr clarity. As compare to the regular motherboard audio it is an ideal upgrade. It offers you a MediaSource Player. Here you can create you own mp3 or wma music files. In movies it provides cinematic surround sound. The issue with this sound card is that it only works great in windows xp.

Yes you can connect a 2 stereo output jack with the sound card. It works great. The same company offers the dual jack which made the sound card. It is called Digital I/O module. You can either use two output like speakers or 2 input like mic on the same sound card. But get the original one only. On the website of sound blaster you get more information regarding this device.

The minimum system requirement for this sound card is that your system must at least have a Intel Pentium II or Celeron processor or faster. The mother must be intel or amd. Any new mother board supports Pentium 4 processor will work fine. Either you should have windows 2000 SP2 or windows xp. For games you must have DirectX 8.1 and OpenGL compliant 3D acceleration. All in all it will work with any pentium 4 based machine. Also look for Audigy2 ZS notebook. It an higher version of Audigy 2 sound card but has an awesome sound quality.

Hi looking for Audigy 2 zs notebook CD

Hi I dont know this is right forum to ask... I lost my Audigy 2 zs notebook cd during transition from australia to india... if any one has one or know web site where i can download... tried creative web site no luck there.

Re: Does Audigy sound card supports 2 stereo output

Hi Freind , You Can Download the Drivers and Others oftware for your Audigy 2 ZS Notebook from Here

http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster

Quote Originally Posted by killen View Post
    Hi Freind , You Can Download the Drivers and Others oftware for your Audigy 2 ZS Notebook from Here

http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster
    Hi Friend,

thanks for your quick help but unfortunately that site is having only update for xp if not drivers for windows 7 or vista...
    desparetly looking for iso image from where i can download it.

Thanks
    Vindy

I don't thing so. The card does not support 2 stereo outputs. But still I am listing the specification of the card so that you can get more idea about it. The specification is as follows :
    • High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) exceeding 104 dB using high linearity, low distortion 24-bit converters with resolutions of up to 192 kHz
    • Playback: 24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources at 96 kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output, 192kHz for Stereo DVD-A1
    • Recording: 24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of stereo analog inputs at 96 kHz sample rate
    • Supports Sony/Philips Digital Interface (SPDIF)2 format of up to 24-bit/96 kHz quality at selectable sampling rate of 44.1, 48 or 96 kHz

SPDIF2 output is not available during playback of protected digital audio contents authored with Microsoft DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology.

Audio Performance
    Signal-to-noise Ratio (AES17, A-Weighted, 20kHz bandwidth) = 104dB (2V Rated Output)
    Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise @ 1kHz (AES17) = 0.006% (2V Rated Output)
    Frequency Response (+/-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input) = <10Hz to 46kHz (2V Rated Output)