Thread: Unable to detect installed network adapter on windows

Unable to detect installed network adapter on windows

I had upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. After that I have a bit issue with using internet. After upgrade there was a bit issue with video and audio. But that started working after running updates. Later on I am facing a bit more issue. The network adapter here is not working. It cannot access shared folders also. I want some help to make it work.

You need install the chipset and lan drivers to fix this problem. You can find that on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just download the latest chipset and lan drivers. Update that and done. Your system will start working as it was before. For that you have to use some other pc. If you are not aware about the board model then you can find that through cpuz.

It is not a big problem. You said that you are able to run updates. That means your lan is working. The issue lies with file sharing here. That is because all permissions are modified. You have to add your system back on the network. If yo use windows server then you have to reconfigure the network id to gain access. This is not going to work on its own. Just go in Device Manager and once reinstall the network adapter. I think that will also help.