Thread: Forgot Dell Laptop System Password

Forgot Dell Laptop System Password

Hi,
    I have Dell Inspiron laptop. I had placed a password in BIOS setting. I had forgot the password here. I tired to enter the password by the Laptop is not booting up. Everytime when enter the password and press enter it shows up incorrect. How can I remove the system password and reset the laptop again. Help needed urgently. Thanks in advance.

Re: Forgot Dell Laptop System Password

It is a system password. If you try to enter the wrong password multiple time then it is possible that you will loose your data. Dell has some inbuilt security services. I will advice you to call the DELL support guys and ask for help. If you try to do anything then you will tampered the security of your machine. Or better the DELL's website and look out for some proper solution.

It is possible to bypass the BIOS password by clearing the BIOS. You can clear it by removing the small battery on the mother board for some time and then place it back. It will take some technical skills to do. If you can otherwise call a technician. Just ask him to replace the CMOS battery. The password will get deleted automatically.

Passwords are put for security and safety of system. Try entering password by pressing the capslock key. Then do one thing reboot your system in safe mode. When the system enters in safe mode it does ask for password. Here atleast you can access your data and other information. Then the other way is to remove the system battery on the motherboard. But this will need to disassemble your system. Better call a dell support and ask for assistant.

Mastermindit Guest
    Easy way to get Dell HDD and bios master password
    Email your model and service tag and they email back your bios master password and or HDD password for your Dell computer. Free but donations are encouraged
    Last edited by Saket; 20-08-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: External link not allowed.

GaziBill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MagicAlonso View Post
    Hi,
    I have Dell Inspiron laptop. I had placed a password in BIOS setting. I had forgot the password here. I tired to enter the password by the Laptop is not booting up. Everytime when enter the password and press enter it shows up incorrect. How can I remove the system password and reset the laptop again. Help needed urgently. Thanks in advance.

I know some methods.

1. The best and easiest method: Cloce OS and shut down the electricity power of computer. Open your computer box, take out the cmos battery from the mainboard. Then the bios password will be reset to blank. Put it back after a few minutes.
    2. Follow some hard tutorials, it is difficult to do. It is better that you are a expert. For example this tutorial: Bypass BIOS Password or Crack CMOS Password?
    3. Use the bios password recovery tool, but that is not free!

So I would suggest you the 1st method. Hope it helps.

amiee Guest

As per the information, I can understand thats the issue is with the BIOS password and not Hard drive password. Since its a laptop reseating CMOS battery is not recommended. Its only done in case of desktop. Please go ahead and contact Dell technical support, using the information on the computer screen there is a option to generate BIOS password. If this doesnt help, the motherboard needs to be changed.

I have Dell Inspiron n5010 laptop. At the start up itself it is showing "enter system password". Service Tag no. of my Laptop is H6J4FL1. Express service code is 37400216293. How can i get the system password? Also my laptop is unable to perform booting. Is there any way to sovle this problem?

System doesn't prompt for this password itself, you might have set some password. Thats true it will not boot without that password. Anyways, first get help from any official DELL. It should work. And if you dont want to do that, than simply open the back cover, and remove CMOS battery.

hi guys, is anyone of you still on this site, apparently when i was going thru your threads, i noticed that most of you forgot that for Dell machines, you can nolonger penetrate the BIOS by just removing the CMOS Battr.

i tried it on my N4020 but failed, i now gave up. it was #43325N1 - 595B. throughout the threads, there is one smart guy i have noticed "GIZMO" he clears them like nothing... if you are still there Mr. GIZMO just know that you are great.

otherwise, the DELL TEAM is the most boring i have come accross, i tried getting assistance from them but all in vain... until i put my notebook in a store. i now resorted to TOSHIBA which has nice customercare.

regards.