Thread: Sony DVD RW G120A not burning disc

Sony DVD RW G120A not burning disc

Hi,
    I am using Sony DVD writer form a long time but I do not have any issue regarding it. But now every time when I burn a disc nero gives message that burning process failed. This had happen many time. I don't know what is the issue with the drive. I had reinstalled it and then it works for some but again the problem continues. Other than this is reading the disc.

Re: Sony DVD RW G120A not burning disc

The problem is because of outdated Firmware. Firmware is driver by which the DVD drive and the computer contact with each other. If you update the Firmware then the issue will go. It is freely available on the most of sites. I attaching a driver in this post just see it. Download it and follow the procedure. Then restart your system and check the connections.

May be your hardware is gone. Do one thing instead of nero try a different burning software. There are many DVD burning tools on the net get anyone and just try it. If it works then it means that you will have to re-install nero. Nero is corrupted or any missing file is causing the error. Try this one and see what happens. Best of luck.

I think you DVD lens is gone due to damage disc. Many times user insert any disc and burn it. The damage disk cause the lens to erode. Try a different brand of disc and use it if it works great. The type of disc also determine the burning quality. I will recommend you get a new one instead of using the old if you are using it for too long.