Thread: Printer driver Installation problem

Printer driver Installation problem

Hi all of u !

have got a problem for installing an irc 2880i canon printer driver on one of windows xp pc. have got the installation CD amd i run it on another computer wirh the same configuration and it worked correctly. But i don t know why it does not on the other computer running the same procedure.

i found other drivers installed on the PC, i unistalled them, i launched my installation CD, i searched the printer on the network, the printer was found with his ip address, and with his port name (standard tcp/ip) found also,i continued the installation until the step of printing the test page, but at this moment notihing is printed and have just the message that the driver is not installed !!!!!!!!!

Maybe should try a chkdsk ?

All suggestions will be appreciated the earlier possible please.

Thanks for time.

Re: Printer driver Installation problem

Download the the Driver , unzip and save it to your computer. Select "start" from the bottom of your screen. Then scroll up to Settings > Printers and select the Add Printer icon. Next select Local Printer attached to this Computer If you are printing over Parallel select LPT1 (Recommended Port) or if you are printing to a networked device select "Create a new port". In the dropdown box select "Standard TCP/IP Port". Now type in the IP Address and leave the Port Name as default and select finish. Select "Have Disk" and browse to where you unzipped the driver files. Double Click on the .inf file and then click ok. Now select your Photocopier model from the list and type in your desired name for the copier and follow the onscreen instructions to install the drivers.

Source : digipro.co.uk

On the computer which is not able to install the printer driver properly, Right-click "My Computer" and select "Properties". Click on Hardware Tab. Then under Device Manager, click on Device Manager button. Find your printer. Click on + sign. Right-click and select Update driver or Reinstall driver.

with safe mode uninstall driver also try third party application to clean registry like cc cleaner.uninstall and reinstall latest driver for canon printer form the web and then try

Thanks for all men,

i finally solved the problem by running chkdsk and after it correctly installed the printer !!!

Cheers .