Thread: windows 98 se multimedia audio device driver downloads

windows 98 se multimedia audio device driver downloads

I have a Soundmax, sound card but no drivers are found. So, I downloaded the SoundMax drivers for this motherboard but they seem not to work properly and that reboot my system, and run this setup again." I uninstalled the sound card and after the reinstall it comes up as "Multimedia audio controller." The only problem with it right now is that I have no sound and under Device Manager I have the PCI Multimedia Audio Device and Unknown Device.

Re: windows 98 se multimedia audio device driver downloads

It's a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio listed for teh PCI/PnP Audio. The problem is after the installation, the computer could not detect PCI Multimedia Audio Device and I can not get into Operating system. the screen is only showing window98 loading status.nothing else. only way is using safety mode.

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. On my system when i reboot it tells me the model of my mobo just in front of my bios version. I.E K7S8X, if you are not getting it on your board then go to your mobo manufacturers web site you will be able to download sound drivers from there if you have onboard sound. Or check the cd that came with your mobo. If you have a separate sound card then you should have an installation CD for it.

Calling the Multimedia API Programs that use PCI Audio Wave devices in full-duplex mode may elicit a system memory leak of 64 bytes each time an audio stream is created, or its properties are programmatically examined.

If you remove a set of USB speakers while a MIDI file is being played, and then reinstall them, they may no longer work. Additionally, the "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth" device may be missing from the MIDI for WDM-based Device list under MIDI Devices and Instruments on the Devices tab in the Multimedia tool in Control Panel.

for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242937