Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is there any way to encrypt the hard disk

Hardware Peripherals

Old 29-06-2009

Is there any way to encrypt the hard disk

Hi, i am using Windows XP and due to some reason i just want to encrypt the hard disk on my computer to make it safer than safe. I found here lots of tips to encrypt the external hard drive but not about the hard disk on the computer. Please suggest me how can i do the same.

Old 29-06-2009

Re: Is there any way to encrypt the hard disk

Well, thats a good way to protect our secret files and folders from other users. Unfortunately i dont have any manual way of doing that but yes, you can encrypt your hard disk with an third party application called Secret Disk.
The Secret Disk leads a password to protected invisible disk on your PC for any private files of yours to save. It will as usual disk on your PC appear. It will completely disappear within one second when you need top privacy. The files that are stored on this disk will be protected. It is password protected. It will act as usual disk to your files, images, videos to save. When Secret Disk is visible a small icon blinks in the tray. Click the single and Secret Disk will disappear within one second and all your files to be protected.

Download Secret Disk
Old 29-06-2009

When the virtual drive is protected, the virtual drive itself skin and no one know there is a virtual drive. Another interesting thing is the skin itself in the Windows system during final period. Unless everyone who is a powerful procesmanager use, they are never going to know.You can set to hide your Secret Disk when Screen Saver starts (computer is idle), or when you press emergency button F12.

Features:

Separate disk for your private files - this tool will create separate disk for your private files.

Access with a password - you can access Secret Disk with a password only!

Locking - when locking secret disk disappears and stays invisible with all contents.

One second protection - when you need protection Secret Disk disappears within one second with all content, no metter how many files you have on the disk.

Power failure - in case of power (or Windows) failure Secret Disk will be automatically locked.

Automatic locking - Secret Disk can be automatically locked if you away from your PC (screensaver is running) or when you press emergency F8 button.

No hardware - no additional hardware required! Space for secret disk will be taken from your system disk.
Old 29-06-2009

I am aware of this app. Secret disk is really i great software for this process. Even in the power failure time unlike other software it not restore itself, instead of that it lock that driver and you need to use password to unlock it. Thats really nice. Thanks for sharing this guys.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,