Thread: how to do Quick printing through DOS prompt

how to do Quick printing through DOS prompt

I have number of word documents that to get printed through the MS DOS, but i am newbie to do this experiment, I have also heard that it absolutely possible to do it with DOS, and it would be also helpful to me if it takes the quick print of the word file, so, if anyone does this before then please let me know am eager to know about your opinions.

Re: how to do Quick printing through DOS prompt

I would like to advise you to get a printer manual provided with your DOT Matrix Printer and follow the printing keys. MS-DOS based applications are designed to print on character mode printers. Presently many laser and inkjet printers have powerful features but come with connectivity to only USB ports which DOS applications cannot access. Just follow the ascii characters and write them both at the beginning and end of the title/text which you want to make change.DOS2USB extends the printing ability of DOS programs by capturing MS-DOS print jobs and redirecting them to windows printer irrespective of their types including USB Printers, Network Printers, Print-Servers, as well as PDF-printers too.

Can i use the Quicken data file in a DOS to a later Quicken for DOS program, please let me know the procedure how do i do that then i will go for the dos printing, sorry for not mentioning that in my earlier post.

A Quicken data file created in any Quicken for DOS program version can be converted to a later Quicken for DOS program or a Quicken for Windows program. There at least 2 free programs that I have imported Quicken data into that run under Linux. The main one is GNUCash (free) and the other is
    MoneydancerData files created in Quicken for DOS versions 3 through 8 will convert automatically.Data files created in Quicken for DOS 1 must be converted to the Quicken for DOS 2 format, then from the Quicken for DOS 2 format to the Quicken for DOS 3.4 format before they can be automatically converted to later program versions.And for the printing purpose you need to follow the following steps which will give the detailed steps.
    • From the Check Printer Settings screen, press F8.
    • At the Before Printing field, edit or add the control code from the printer manual.
    • Press F10.
    • At the Check Printer Settings window, press F10. This saves settings and changes.