Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The printer installation failed error 0x00000643

Re: The printer installation failed error 0x00000643

Hello there, what is the operating system that you are using. I guess that the printer installation failed error 0x00000643 because there may be some sort of conflict between the operating system and the printer software. So, if you can provide with the information, then I will be able to help you further.

Try to perform a clean install of the operating system and then try out for the procedure that has been mentioned. You may then be able to get the things to work out well for you. So do check out.

The printer installation failed error 0x00000643

If there is some having same issue till now after performing all the possible solution given by members then please take a look on my post and post if you have more confusion yet.

"Did you check in the 'Printers' panel to be sure the printer is online? What happens when you try to 'resume' or 'start' printing in the print queue? Any error messages? Have you checked the official site of printer manufacture to see if there is updated software or any patches, especially for your installed OS ? ""

The installation disc (which came in the printer box) was not recognised by my computer. So I went to the HP website and downloaded the software. It took over 2 hours to download: I was fully expecting failure again, but miraculously this solved the problem and my wireless printer is now working! What a slog, but worth persevering with the download.

Yes!!!! I too joined this board just to say THANK YOU!!! This totally solved my problem.

THANKS Vinceno.. I too joined the community just to say thanks! And commit to helping others as well. This also solved my scanner not found issue. Printer is photosmart c309a

Also joined to thank Vincenzo, also struggled for months. You should be rich Vincenzo, thank you.

More than 2 years and 1 month after Vincenzo's post I too just joined to give a big THANK YOU to you too!! Absolute lifesaver my man!

Like the others - I joined this forum to thank Vincenzo! I always seem to have problems reinstalling my printer after a storm or power outage and it's always a pain in the neck trying to figure it out. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Vincenzo for your help. I have now saved your instructions in a document so that I can always refer to it later!

Just another person who joined to say, "Thank you Vincenzo!"

My situation was a little more complicated, but your process laid the groundwork for my solution. What happened was I kept getting a 1402 - Fatal Error message when trying to install my printer drivers. Installing Vincenzo's way actually worked, but then the driver files that were installed would trigger an exe in the same directory to load, which would start the software installation process.... when the process would again fail and encounter the 1402 error, the installer would uninstall my drivers - UGH!

Luckily I eventually figured out to let Windows find the drivers I extracted from my exe (which I did by renaming it to a .rar extension and using WinRAR), and then cancel out of the HP's software installer.

Whew! Man, I know it's a simple concept, but it took a lot longer than expected to figure out!

VINCENZO... amazing thanks it worked first time!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Try this:

Open Computer Management console - Device Manager - WSD Print Provider
    Now right click 'WSD Print Device' & click uninstall.
    Now install printer normally using add printer wizard.
    Now installation will fail with same error message.
    Now In device manager - right click on the name of your computer & select scan for Hardware Changes.
    Now it will find the newly installed device & the printer will work properly.

This will definitely work.
    Thank you so much! I also just joined so I can thank you. This happens to me every time I have to reset my router and sometime it just works and other times this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Try this:

Open Computer Management console - Device Manager - WSD Print Provider
    Now right click 'WSD Print Device' & click uninstall.
    Now install printer normally using add printer wizard.
    Now installation will fail with same error message.
    Now In device manager - right click on the name of your computer & select scan for Hardware Changes.
    Now it will find the newly installed device & the printer will work properly.

This will definitely work.
    Vincenzo - You're a Rock Star! Thank you!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12