Thread: Program needs MCI drivers installed

Program needs MCI drivers installed

Whenever i am trying to run windows media player on my windows xp system, it gives a message that "MCI Driver not installed, use Drivers in Control Panel to install". But when i checked on my system, i got that there are two MCi drivers already installed. So what is that error about ? Please help me out here..

Re: Program needs MCI drivers installed

The MCI board to your audio card concerns that had been installed in your computer. Do you know if the software you install has functions and characteristics that audio services require the computer to help run? Sometimes a program will have presentations from different media audio or video drivers or services to the program need to be good to run. In the research I have done this problem can be several different types of sound cards but had concerns seem more people with a creative product victims of this problem.

Try going to the manufacturer's website and download updated drivers for your sound card and installing them manually by the Manager of the Device to use. You can see an investigation into your brand of audio card and its relationship with MCI directors do and what your favorite search engine pull.

As you told you can see the MCI drivers already installed in your system but still the error exist, than i could only suggest you to reinstall the MCi drivers again and see. You can easily do it from Control panel.Drivers vary in their support for MCI commands and command flags. Because multimedia devices can have widely different capabilities, MCI is designed to let individual drivers extend or reduce the command sets to match the capabilities of the device.

It also may be the sound card is not permitting the action the MCI command is requiring.MCI drivers provide the functionality for MCI commands. The system performs some basic data management tasks, but playback of various media, presentation, and the recording is handled by the individual MCI directors.