Thread: Hard-drive cloner for Vista 64 bit

Faakir Guest

Hard-drive cloner for Vista 64 bit

hello friends,

I have Dell laptop with 64-bit Windows Vista installed in it. I want to create a bootable clone of the system hard drive on my 64-bit Vista Dell laptop. Can anybody please suggest me the reliable methods to do the same.

thanks...

Re: Hard-drive cloner for Vista 64 bit

I have tested the two different methods of creating a bootable clone of the system hard drive. Here are they -

1. Intel Rapid Recover Technology (IRRT)
    2. Bounceback Ultimate by CMS Products

Both of this methods supports continuous updates in the background.

I first started with Bounceback Ultimate and found that, the Continuous Data Protection feature slows the system down a bit and results in incapability to access the IMAP mail in Outlook. Then I started with Intel Rapid Recover Technology with an external eSATA drive and found that, the Continuous Update feature uses very less system overhead.

Now, I have a clone of my hard drive that I can access easily from another system using USB, but unlike BounceBack I have not figured out an easy way to encrypt the data since the recovery drive encryption state must be exactly the same as the Master drive on the system.

Download DriveClone

DriveClone serves an easy way to back up your entire hard drive. With this, you can save your entire computer, including your operating system, documents, programs, photos, music, everything...
    You can also burn a recovery CD/DVD and incrementally back up your hard drive, saving both time and space.

DriveClone’s hard drive cloning and imaging features allow you to quickly recover, replace, or upgrade your hard drive in case of any catastrophic data disaster. Your operating system, files and settings will appear exactly as they were when you duplicated or imaged your hard drive.

DriveClone Home offers two different types of backup: Complete Backup and File Backup.

Complete Backup: It is considered as the most comprehensive backup. Back up your entire computer, including your operating system, programs, documents, music, photos, everything. Your hard drive is saved as a compressed image file, saving hard drive space.

File Backup: Back up only the files you want to back up! Choose specific files or folders and back them up incrementally, saving both time and space.

You can create a bootable clone backup disk that can be updated in real time. The specific requirements needed are:

• Easily bootable for Disaster Recovery
    • Continuously updated with minimal system performance impact
    • Secure encryption without too much drag on performance, ideally in a way that can protect both the master and the recovery drives
    • Can switch easily between eSATA and USB ports
    • Can mount on another system without too much fuss required to unlock encryption

With Windows Vista, you can use Ghost or Acronis True Image. They really work fine..