Thread: How to repair a cd driver

How to repair a cd driver

I don't know but my CD ROM drive doesn't read some CDs on my system. But from last few days now it can not read any CD. I tried to clean up the lens by using a laser lens cleaning CD, but was facing the same problem. So now, can any body tell me that how to repair my cd driver? Can any body provide me the correct solution for the above issue? Any kind of information on teh above issue would be apprecaited.

Re: How to repair a cd driver

Check out whether there is no losse connection in your system. I th might be possible that your cd rom drive cable must be loose and therefore might be failing to detect the cd disc on your system. Remove the cable and then try to plug it cack properly and check whether it works or not.

Also check out that the disc which you are trying to play in your cd rom drive is of good quality. Many times cd rom drive fails to read any particular disc on it, due to lot of scratches been found on tha back of a particular disc. As CD and DVD are fragile media. A few scratches here and there and they can easily become coasters on your table.

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or not recognized by Windows or other programs, so you cannot play or access a CD or DVD. This issue might have occurred after you installed, uninstalled, or updated any program on your system. So in order to get rid of the above issue, you can check out the following link. Hope so it may resolve your issue.