Thread: How to use the PS3 headset on computer

How to use the PS3 headset on computer

I have a bluetooth headset which I use with my PS3. I wanted to use the same headset for my computer to chat with friends through messenger and also to play some computer games. Is this possible? Is there a way to use a PS3 bluetooth headset on a computer?

Re: How to use the PS3 headset on computer

Yes, you can use a PS3 bluetooth headset on a computers. There shouldn't be any reason for not be able to use it. Provided you have a bluetooth dongle to connect to your computer. Bluetooth is basically a wireless cable that can plug directly to your physical connector. So you should be able to use a PS3 bluetooth headset if your computer supports it and has bluetooth enabled.

Using a headset of one device on another completely depends on the connector. If your headset was having dual 3.5mm Stereo jacks like a standard set of headphones, then you have to connect it on the stereo jack of the computer. If there were USB then you have to use USB port for connection. But since you are having the bluetooth headset, you can use the headset on your computer if it supports bluetooth devices. If it doesn't then you can purchase a bluetooth device (it is very similar to a pen drive) to get the headset connected.

Yes you can use the bluetooth headset on your computer. All your computer need is the drivers which it will install automatically as soon as you connect it to your computer. To use it on your computer, you need to turn the headset on and set to pairing mode and then let the computer search all the bluetooth devices in its range. Just remember that you may need to enter the passcode to except the connection.