Thread: playstation 2 usb ports

playstation 2 usb ports

Recently i had purchased a new playstation 2. I would like to know that for what purpose can i use the usb ports of the front panel. Once i had tried to plug my iPod into it, but it didn't work out for me. So can any body tell me that for what purpose can i use the usb ports on playstation 2? Does any body knows about it? Kindly let me know your views on the above issue.

Re: playstation 2 usb ports

You will find two usb ports on the front panel along with one S400 i.Link port, which is also known as FireWire. The USB ports are generally used for other kinds of peripherals and controllers, and the i.Link port is used for system link play with games like Gran Turismo 3. It's important to remember that even though we have the USB and FireWire connectors, it doesn't mean that you can just plug in things that fit and expect them to do something. For any USB or FireWire device to work on the PS2, it has to be specifically supported by the software or game that you're running.

I had seen many people using it for a headset while playing socom 2 game on their playstation 2. If you want you can also try to plug in your USB mouse in that particular usb port, as my self i had never done this.

USB power is universal, where you can try to plug in your ipod into a wall adapter with USB port, ps2, xbox, computer. However its data will dependent on the device or host system whichever you might be using on your playstation 2.