Thread: How to clean inspiron 1520 fan

How to clean inspiron 1520 fan

It's been over 8 to 9 months that i have taken inspiron 1520, i regularly clean up my laptop, but i could able to see the fan with the lot of dust,and also feeling that my CPU seems to be running increasingly hot especially when I'm gaming, or else working with heavy applications and because of this particular reason, I'm thinking of cleaning the heatsink and fan. The thing is, I've looked at the service manual on the dell website, and I'm wondering if cleaning the fan/heatsink requires taking everything apart? To take apart the fan, I have to take apart the hard drive, hinge cover, keyboard, display assembly, palm rest, video card, AND heatsink.what should i do?

Re: How to clean inspiron 1520 fan

you do have to take a lot apart to get to it, though the inspiron are much easier than some laptops to take apart. But it is always recommended that to do any repairing work give it their respective customer center. This is because, the dust, hair, etc. usually will not come out easily, so vacuuming it out most likely will not work.

Re: How to clean inspiron 1520 fan

My GPU temperatures are often even lower than my CPU temperatures. After a few hours of playing COD4 or TF2 my CPU is usually around 75 but my GPU is only around 70.When i tried to open it up after screwing up the 7 screws, the GPU sink is removed together with the entire GPU module,With the heat sinks removed, Brush them off accordingly, vacuum them clean if you have to.This will be require more attention towards what you are doing, and need to remember every step.