Thread: Operating System not found on Sony Vaio

Operating System not found on Sony Vaio

I have a SONY VAIO laptop. After installing windows xp on my laptop it is not working properly. When i start my laptop windows logo screen comes and it display error message "Operating System Not Found". In BIOS my hard drive is not visible. .Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Operating System not found on Sony Vaio

You are receiving the error message Operating system not found on your sony viao laptop because there is problem in your hard disk, it is not detect in BIOS or hard disk may be damaged.

Check this thread to solve the problem :
    operating system not found on HP Pavillion 360
    Operating System Not Found
    "Operating System Not Found"

Verify the computer's BIOS settings to make sure that BIOS lists and recognizes the hard disk. See the computer documentation or contact the hardware manufacturer for information about how to verify the BIOS settings.

After you verify that the computer's BIOS detects the hard disk, restart the computer, and then test to determine whether the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, or if the computer's BIOS cannot detect the hard disk, you may have issues with your hardware. Contact the hardware manufacturer to inquire about how to resolve this issue. You may have to replace the hard disk.

You have a bad hard drive. If you cannot "see" drive, it might be dead. In BIOS go to Standard CMOS Settings and Features and with your original hard drive connected, select each option under time above the floppy drive and click auto to try to detect the hard drive. If it is not detect take the hard drive out, if you have any files that you don't want to loose try run the back up from the other partition.