Thread: DVD decrypter to remove region code protection

DVD decrypter to remove region code protection

I've been backing up DVDs for a while now. But I have a DVD that is Region 3 and I would like to back it up but have it be region-free. How would I go about doing this? I have tried following options, I have this R3/R4 DVD9 movie I bought that I want to make a 1:1 copy of onto a DVD+R DL disc. I'd thought that DVD Decrypter removed region coding/locks during decryption in ISO Read mode, so I just ripped it to an ISO then burned the ISO using DVD Decrypter (using the MDS file so there wouldn't be any issues with the layer change). The now burned DVD+R DL disc says it's R3/R4 now when I open it in DVD Decrypter. However, when I mount the MDS/ISO file with Daemon Tools and open the virtual drive in DVD Decrypter it's detected as being region free.

Re: DVD decrypter to remove region code protection

DVD Decrypter is ripping the disk using "Brute Force" rather than key exchange but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the speed of ripping. Force Decryption Key enables you to give DVD Decrypter a key, rather than have it find one. There are discs out in the wild that have been incorrectly mastered. Such discs cannot be played on any player, but can be decrypted if the proper key, The resulting files are region 0 (ie region free) or at least by the time I ran them through DVD Shrink and burnt them to a DVD they were.

The disc plays in an R1 set top player without trouble, but Media Player Classic refused to play the disc after I'd initially burned it. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink will remove all region protection ie make it a region 0 disc unsure with DVDclone2 as I've never used this software. a copy of DVDdecrypter and rip the DVD to your hard drive. It can remove the region code and Macrovision.

You may also follow the following steps to do DVD decryping..In DVD Decrypter select Tools -> Settings then look at the settings for the mode you ripped in. If Remove IFO RC Protection and Remove IFO RCE Protection are selected, and you haven't changed them recently, then the rips are region free. Or Open DVDDecrypter and choose File | Mode | ISO | READ to rip to an .ISO or Press R. If it shows Number of Layers: 1 then you can simply rip to .ISO and burn the .ISO with DVDDecrypter.

escalateguy Guest

Use DVD Region-Free to make your region locked DVD drive and your software player region free. You can also 'patch' your DVD drives firmware, you can also try a patched DVD drive firmware .