Thread: How to divide hard drive on Windows Xp

How to divide hard drive on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm having a 160Gb hard drive and i would like to divide my hard drive. So, can any body tell me that how do i divide my hard drive on Windows Xp? Does nay body knows that how can i do it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: How to divide hard drive on Windows Xp

In order to divide your hard drive on Windows Xp, you need to follow the below steps.

1) You need to press Windows Key + E, then you need to right click on My Computer and then need to select Manage.
    2) Then on the Computer Management Console, you need to select Disk Management.
    3) Then you will be shown the available hard drive, which gets detected on your system.
    4) Then you need to select the drive that you need for partition by right-clicking on the drive and then choose "Create Partition." There you will get the option of splitting your drive into 2 to 3 partitions.

For doing that you can also use Partition Magic software on your system. PartitionMagic is a computer program for hard disk drive partitioning. PartitionMagic is capable of resizing NTFS or FAT (16 or 32) partitions without data loss, and can copy and move partitions, including to other disks. It also has various other features, including being able to convert between FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS, modify the cluster size of FAT16/32 and NTFS filesystems, and merge adjacent FAT or NTFS filesystems (all without data loss, though some NTFS-only metadata is lost on conversion to FAT).

For doing that you can use a utility called Disk Manager, which will help you to resize your partitions and also will help you to create the new one. Its the best utility which can help you to divide your hard drive on Windows Xp.