Thread: BD Live did not work on Samsung BD P1600

BD Live did not work on Samsung BD P1600

I am using Samsung BD P1600 on my computer and i have got a cable Internet connection and never faced any problem regarding updating the firmware to version 2.05 or streaming utube. Actually my Samsung BD P1600 does not gets connected when i tried WB BD-Live on the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Blu-ray Disc. But i know that the disc can work very finely.

Re: BD Live did not work on Samsung BD P1600

I have the same model of Samsung BD but it was working before some time, but since i have updated my firmware, it started not working at all and i have noticed that youtube streams fine without any network problems. I am trying to get the previous firmware but could not find it. I think it should be something kind of firmware version issues.

I think the problem could be with the blue ray disk it self as there might not be the enough support for streaming BD live, One thing you should do with your blue ray disk player that does it have all the necessary conditions to run the blue ray discs or to get the BD live.

It must be with the firmware update as these kind of problems has been seen on many Samsung BD Player but i guess there should not be anything wrong with the Samsung BD Player itself as it would not get detected itself with that kind of problem. So you may get relaxed that your player have not got any damage.
    You must again reupdate the firmware of your BD P1600 and then check whether it works or not as there might be some missing files or corrupted files which would not be supporting to run a firmware properly.
    Last edited by Fabian; 28-04-2010 at 11:00 PM.

I would like to first ask you that are you using USB drive to store the Live content from BD-Live as there could be some problem regarding the USB drive which you are using it with your BD player. It might happen that there would be any kind of viruses on your usb drive.
    First of all FORMAT your USB drive then connect it with the BD player and then check what happens?

I was having the same issue of when i was plugging my USB stick which is of 2 Gb with the front of the BD player. Actually you have to put it in the back side of player and then change the DHCP from "ON" to "OFF" which changes the Domain Name Sservice to the manual mode. I think you should try it now. I guess it has solved your problem now...