Thread: Samsung BD P1600 do not play dvds anymore

Samsung BD P1600 do not play dvds anymore

I have just bought a samsung bd-p1600 blu-ray player before 4 months and it was working fine after connecting it with an internet. Lats week i have prompt for downloading the new firmware version, 2.08 so i did it with an ethernet but i am not sure that there was a disc in there or not. But after this update my player is not playing dvd's anymore. What should i do now?

Re: Samsung BD P1600 do not play dvds anymore

There could be a problem with the blue ray disk player as there might not be the enough support provided from the Blue ray player and i think i might happen that the disc reading has been not done properly by the player. There would be some problem while reading the disc from the side of player's lens.

Yes, I have seen this problem with many Blue ray player users that the disc just does not get detected by the player but it works fine when you use it with an internet. I think you should again reupdate the firmware of your Samsung BD P1600. As it might happen that some files would have been missed while updating the firmware.

I have given a simple solution to your problem, You just have hold down the FF>> button on your player which will reset your BD player. It will automatically reload the software update for your player and then it might allow the DVD playback. I guess the problem with your Samsung BD P1600 can read all the DVDs now, Is it....

This is a firmware problem as i have seen the same on my friends blue ray player. I think you should get the disc itself of the older firmware which can degrade the firmware of your player and you can use the player with all of its functions. I have solved this problem by just inserting the disk for last firmware.

If you have bought this player just before few months then it must be under warranty so i think you should directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this player. Or another solution which i can given is that you have to put your USB at the back side and change the DHCP from "ON" to "OFF". Now see if it works or not.