Thread: Sata vs Solid state

Sata vs Solid state

I need to buy any one of these. As per me SATA is more for the money right now. Not as fast as Solid State. i guess you all guys have more idea about this. Could you guys please refer me in Sata vs Solid state

Re: Sata vs Solid state

A solid state drive is a storage device that uses solid state memory to store data. Whereas SATA Hard Drives are the most popular drives being sold today. Alongside them in the store however you will also find boxes labeled Parallel ATA or SCSI. A memory-based array has no rotational or actuator arm latency; linear or non-linear access is identical. Disk access rates are generally in the range of 0.5 milliseconds to 10 milliseconds. Typical average latencies for mechanical disks are seven - nine microseconds. Your decision is dictated by what your computer can accept. Check with your computer's manufacturer to see which drive style you can use.

Solid state disks use either NAND flash or SDRAM. NAND flash is so-called because of the NAND-gate technology it uses and is common in USB flash drives and many types of memory card. At the same time,most newer computers purchased within the last two years accept SATA connections. the SSD technology is not a silver bullet solution for database performance problems. If you are CPU-bound, the SSD drives may even make performance worse.

Actually comparing these two is difficult. SATA is an interface type and Solid State is a storage technology.