Thread: Recovery Console doesn't detect hard drive

Recovery Console doesn't detect hard drive

Just few days back i was trying to use recovery console in order to load the files from a cd. Before doing this, i had change the BIOS settings and had kept to "boot from cd-rom first". But the problem was that when i used to press R key in order to activate the recovery console, i used to get an error message stating that " there is no hard drive detected on my system ". Can any body tell me that why repair console can't find hard drive on my pc? What can i do in order to resolve the above issue? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Recovery Console doesn't detect hard drive

Do you have your hard drive with IDE rather then SATA? If yes, then you might have to load up your device drivers along with your Windows XP CD. If your Windows XP doesn't automatically detect all your SATA drives or SATA drives on your pc, then it is assumed that you have SATA hard drive.

I think you can ry out third party driver for your mass storage device. For that you need to first download the DOS level drivers for the SATA controller and place these drivers in your floppy disk. Then you need to press F6 key when it prompts you at the time of Windows XP setup and at that time you can install a 3rd part mass storage driver on your system.

In oder to resolve the above issue, you can try out the following link. It will surely help you out to get rid of the above issue. It will also help you to repair a corrupted registry file on Windows XP.