Thread: Backup with DLT7000 from Vista x32

Backup with DLT7000 from Vista x32

I want to add a tape drive in by office. My server in running on Windows Vista x32 OS. I need some general information on tape drives. I know some thing about DLT7000 type. How to take backup form the drive regularly. Is is compatible with windows vista 32 bit version. How does it work. What is the procedure to take back up and restore the files back. Suggestion appreciated.

Re: Backup with DLT7000 from Vista x32

You can backup you data on magnetic tape by a tape drive device. It is specifically used for archiving. Tape drives are considered as highly reliable solutions for data backups. The most important feature of tape drives is that they can backup a large amount of data. It can handle large capacity for storing data. If you think to backup all data on a hard disk then it cost your much higher. But tape drives are less costlier than them. The only bad part of tape drives are that if a use wants some data he will need to roll the drives from beginning every time. He cannot jump into between.

There are multiple companies which manufacture tape drivers. I posting some details about Dell's PowerVault 120T DLT 7000 tape drive. It is an fully automated drive. It will work with your version of OS. A strong application will make your work much easier of taking regular backups. Some features of PowerVault is that it has high capacity and performance, it includes seven tape, etc. It is an device which need high voltage power supply. It supports the DLT IV 40GB native and 80 GB compressed backup. The storage capacity of Dell PowerVault 120T DLT 7000 tape drive is 245 GB for uncompressed data and 490 GB for compressed data.

IBM also provide great solution for tape drives. It has multiple products which gives an high end features for data security. I will usually recommend IBM TS1120 Tape drive. You see the drives more detailed feature in IBM's website. The best features of this drives are High capacity of cartridge up to 2.1 TB, Fast access to date around 104 mbps, etc. It also supports data encryption and key management. One thing it is better to use a application to map network drive.