Thread: HP deskjet printer stuck problem

HP deskjet printer stuck problem

Hi,
    I have an HP desk jet printer at my home. Last night I downloaded some mails form the net on my outlook express. To print them I gave the print command. It was around 4 pages. Now 2 pages came out properly but the last 2 pages did not. I stopped the print and gave new print command for the remaining. But in the printer spooler service it was showing my old print documents in queue. It was stuck. I tried to stop it and restart the print but no progress. At last I need to restart my whole system. Every time I cannot restart my whole pc just for 1 page printing. How get rid of this problem.

Re: HP deskjet printer stuck problem

I too get irritated for some time because of this problem. The best practice is to disconnect the printer from power supply for around 1 min and place it back again. After disconnecting delete the docs in printer spooler service. If still the docs are not coming out of the spooler window then got to my computer and navigate to the path - C:\windows\system32\spool\printers. Delete all the files inside it. This is the place where all your docs print lies when you give a print command for any file.

This one is really a tedious task to get rid off. I will list you some very simple solution that you can carry out any time whenever such things happen. First lets clear your printer spooler box. Right click on my computer and click on Manage. Now under Services and Applications click on service. Now look for Printer Spooler and stop it. Get back to the desktop. Go to the tiny icon in the task manager near window of printer and right click on that. Click on update. It will disappear. Now your printer memory is free and you can give back a new printing command.

Printer spooler service is the only service which is responsible for stuck jobs. Till the time it is running you cannot get other prints. By manually cleaning the spooler service you can get back your work. There are many ways to clear it. First stop the spooler service by giving the command in : net stop spooler : int the command prompt. You can access the command prompt by typing cmd in the run program.