Thread: Disc burning CRC Error and DMA driver Error in Vista SP1

zakir Guest

Disc burning CRC Error and DMA driver Error in Vista SP1

I have Windows Vista Ultimate x86. I have never had such error before and i don't know wht is causing this error! Whenever i try to burn a DVD disc, i get a DMA driver error, CRC error just before the lead-in takes place and this then destroys the disc. Sometimes it tells me prepare the blank disc before writting. What suddenly went wrong? I already wasted 30 discs.

Re: Disc burning CRC Error and DMA driver Error in Vista SP1

Which DVD-RW do you use? Whats the brand of the disc? Have you connected the writter with Raid disks? I suspect the DVDs are of a cheap brand or the writter is malfunctioning. Can you get some other writer just to check if there is some problem with your writer or its a software thing that it interrupting.

zakir Guest

I have Sony DVD-RW and and i use Moserbaer DVDs, so there is no question of using cheap brand. Also i am using this DVDs since a year and i have had no problems with it till date... Also i tried a lite-on dvd writer but i had same problem. So it is something related to software. I don't have raid setup on my computer, my DVD-RW is IDE and i have only one IDE device which is my writer. Also i don't remeber if i installed any new software but i didn't try burning DVDs after i installed SP1. Could it be a problem?

Windows Vista is the worst Windows OS till date. And yeah Windows Vista's SP1 may be the problem but i would first recommend you to use a jumper and set your DVD-RW on Master and change the IDE cable to the new cable... May be that can solve the issue...