Thread: lite-on dvdrw sohw-1633s driver

lite-on dvdrw sohw-1633s driver

I have an old LiteOn DVDRW SOHW-1633S and while installing the new version of nero I got a fatal error, so I reformated my cd drive and installed a new Operating System Windows XP Pro. Now I have loaded up all the drivers that were required after reinstallation but my dvd device is not loaded up. It says that some drivers are missing, so if anyone can find the driver for this drive it would be very helpful. Thank you
    Temporary signature

Re: lite-on dvdrw sohw-1633s driver

You should try downloading that driver again, for the link works just fine (now even better that before). Here is the link to the page:
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIR...ware-S0Y.shtml.
    After downloading the driver, double click on it and follow the instructions. For now, this is the best I can do for you. Just be carefull in the future with what you delete from your computer.
    Here you have some instructions on how to perform that installation: http://us.liteonit.com/us/APPS/downl...ct=SOHW-1633S# and a user manual for your drive: http://www.liteonamericas.com/twnmai...us/English.zip.

Microsoft default drivers means you only need what comes with Windows. So you aren't supposed to need anything else.
    What version of Windows are you using and what problem are you having? In My Computer can you right click on the disc and choose "explore"?
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The CD-part of your drive is probably dead and no firmware update will fix that. It's still worth a try though, before replacing the drive. You can find suitable firmware on codeguys.rpc1.org (BSOY, BYX5 or CSOT, just choose one - and they run in Windows, no need to boot from a floppy or CD). This is assuming your PC isn't under warranty any more, as you won't be using Compaq firmware.The CD-part of your drive is probably dead and no firmware update will fix that. It's still worth a try though, before replacing the drive. You can find suitable firmware on codeguys.rpc1.org (BSOY, BYX5 or CSOT, just choose one - and they run in Windows, no need to boot from a floppy or CD). This is assuming your PC isn't under warranty any more, as you won't be using Compaq firmware.