Thread: HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop humming noise

HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop humming noise

I have recently purchased New HP Pavilion zv5000, it works absolutely fine on problem i found in it is that, i am feeling humming noise from my keyboard, how do i eliminate this noise and i can't bear this noise for all the time, please give some affordable suggestion.

Re: HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop humming noise

It is not a grinding noise, just a constant buzz that is located in the center of the key board. Thanks for your help, it is helpful.But if your computer is at an angle it could happen, try positioning your laptop different ways and see if the clicking stops, if it doesn't get it swapped with a new one while you have warranty.

You can try to go to the quick launch tool and try to change it in there, Please check where the clicking comes from. If it is from the HDD, remove the HDD and try to boot into BIOS setup. If clicking persists then try removing the CD/DVD drive. If clicking continues with the HDD and CD/DVD drives removed, then it could be something in your motherboard or your fan.

Here i will suggest you to check for your hard drive but before that you need to take the backup of hard drive first, It would be a great idea to look in disk management and see if you can see the specs, brand and model of the hard drive in your system. You can then go to the manufacturer's website of the drive and get some diagnostic tools to check the health of the drive.