Thread: Dish TV on TV tuner card

question Dish TV on TV tuner card

Hi I have Dish TV with normal set top box. I'm going to buy a TV tuner card. My qs is will dish TV work in computer via tv tuner card? I've heard about some VGA set top box for computer...so i got confused whether a normal set top box will work or not.

Believe me Dish TV customer care is so pathetic that it left me no choice but putting my query here.

Also any suggestion about a good TV tuner card will be much appreciated.

Re: Dish TV on TV tuner card

Quote Originally Posted by bigblow View Post
    I've heard about some VGA set top box for computer...so i got confused whether a normal set top box will work or not.

Also any suggestion about a good TV tuner card will be much appreciated.
    Yeah sure you can Dish settop box will work with your computer. But only the problem is , as you might be knowing, 1 DISH installation will work only for 1 TV set. However you can connect more but you will have to watch the same channel on every sets, no matter on computer or TV.

Enjoy your Dish on PC's TV Tuner card but the software wont allow you to change the channel .

Maq, Many thanks for the info.

This is ok for me. I'll not be using multiple device at a time. Also I'll be using Dish TV remote only to change the channel.

Any idea about a good TV tuner card?

You can get the AVerMedia AVerTV PCIe TV tuner card. By adding it to your media center PC and you get a comprehensive media solution to watch and record TV on your PC and to capture video from VCRs or camcorders. This low profile card has coax inputs for analog or digital TV and an S-Video port with audio plug for video capture. It includes tuners for NTSC, ATSC and QAM signals. Buy it from here.

Thanks buddy. Well, i will suggest you for MSI Theater 650PRO TV Tuner. It is compatible with the TV analog and digital and is equipped with Avivo Technology for better display quality and a new suite of software "Catalyst Media Center. The Theater 650 is equipped with a new filter that reduces the noise effect. Compatible with DTT (DVB-T), this chip is already ready for Windows Vista and supports the MPEG2 compression in hardware. The encoding and converting video formats MPEG4, DivX , WMV9 and H.264 are also permitted.

For the second option, you can go with Diamond Multimedia TV Wonder HD 650 PCI-Express TV Tuner. It offers you a complete set of media Abilities where you can consider your computer as Ultimate entertainment system.

Also you can find some more help from these threads:

Which is best external usb tv tuner card ?
    Best dual tv tuner card ?
    Intex TV Tuner Card Price List India
    TV Tuner Card Price List In India

Most of them approximating the Hauppauge WinTV cards (and they have Brooktree chips). And it would not suggest the TV wonder, it is not as universal for the reason that they have proprietary ATI chips. You be able to get a fundamental WinTV for approximately $40. I have one with the entire the characteristics you might desire at $90 with remote, stereo tuner, FM tuner, S-vid and composite. Quality does not actually get several superior and full screen uncompressed capture is smooth.