Thread: Behaviour of bad HDMI Cables

Behaviour of bad HDMI Cables

I have a Microsoft Windows Media Center at my home. It is connected to 3 HD television's in different rooms. I want to ask weather the size or quality of HDMI cable determine the picture quality. Like if I am watching a movie in a different room the cable is too long or bad so will it give a blurry image. I am not sure but if to replace which one is more compatible and efficient cable.

Re: Behaviour of bad HDMI Cables

First of all if your cable is faulty you will not receive any images on your source of media. Faulty or bad cable means a bent pin in the connector or scratches in the wire, etc means any physical damage. Poor quality cable can result in malfunctioning of the whole system. You cannot see images or there will a bit of snow thing on your system. Differ in cable quality lets to differ in video and connectivity problem. You can look out for better cable in store near you.

It always better to use those cables with comes with the complete HD system. They are factory packed and tested. If you have any faulty cable try to get it from the manufacturer only. Because HDMI cables are very compatible with the system they are packed. Buying any unknown stuff from the market can affect the streaming quality. I recommend the Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable 28 Gauge Gold Plated 1.3b comes in multiple size and length. The bandwidth of this cable is 340 Mhz 10.2 Gbps. Other than this there are multiple cables available.

The answer for your query is that the cable usually does not have any role in the audio and video quality. They are just a path through which the data transfers. The data is transferred in the form of electrical signals via wires. Any thing transferred is in the form of electricity. Now a days all signals are transferred from analog to digital. These digital signals carry data's very efficiently. So you don't need to worry about your resultant video and audio quality. If the cable is faulty you will not see anything on the screen. You go and buy anything from the store and it will work just fine. The HDMI ( High Definition Media Interface ) is specially designed to carry the data between the units.